Preus Museum is seeking a PHOTOGRAPHER
In order to continue the work of organising the museum’s collection, we seek an employee that will work with photographing, digitization and registration of the museum's collection and work on the digital development of the collection. Registration work can be expected in cooperation with the archivist. The position is 100%.
The working language is Norwegian.
The position is newly created and full time.
The applicant must demonstrate:
- Education in Photography
- Digital expertise and is interested in digital development
- Experience from digitization and object photography
- Experience with Lightroom / FotoStation / Primus / Asta or similar software.
- Interest in the technical aspects of photography
- Interest in history of photography
- Benefit from work experience from the museum
- Collaborative and flexible
- Preferably, good written and oral skills in Norwegian and English. Foreign applicants are encouraged to acquire the Norwegian language in an reasonable time span.
Your main tasks will be:
- To photograph the museum's collection of objects and the Film Museum's collection
- To digitize the museum's photographic collection.
- To contribute to the digital development of the museum.
- To participate in the museum’s projects and networks
Preus Museum offers:
- Exciting work objectives in an evolving museum.
- A strong specialised work environment.
- The opportunity to expand your expertise in photographic history.
- Pension cover from the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (2% salary contribution).
- Flexible working hours.
The museum strives for equal gender representation and hence encourages men to apply.
Preus Museum is Norway’s national museum of photography. The museum has a large collection of international photography, photo-technological objects and an extensive specialist library of international standard. The museum represents the breadth of photography from the pre-photographic to the digital eras, covering the artistic, cultural-historical and technical aspects of the field.